From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Shutting down the Off the Wall (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items ...)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 12:04:08
1 On Sat, 2020-12-12 at 05:48 +0000, Geoffrey Ekman wrote:
2 > If there is one thing I will say as an outsider, an advocate from a
3 > corp.
4 > I think we all agree that we need to address
5 > this problem because we believe in the values Gentoo is known for but
6 > we
7 > can only do this together.
8 >
9 > No we don't all agree, my opinion is of my own and not that of my
10 > company. However, the only problem you are trying to accomplish is
11 > trying to get rid of the freedom of gentoo. Since when has gentoo
12 > provided a value statement and guidelines to adhere to for the use of
13 > software outside of what is already packaged and the licenses therein?
14 >
15 > If this is the future of gentoo I think a lot of us in the real world
16 > will create something better and release that truelly free, with free
17 > speech on message boards.
18
19 1. Please don't use HTML email.
20 2. Here's a suggestion: post on twitter and facebook the following
21 message:
22
23 VMware [your company] abuses its position to exploit GPL-licensed
24 code in the Linux kernel to its own monetary advantage and violates
25 the spirit of the GPL and the community around it.
26
27 Then, tell your HR about it. Let's see how much freedom of speech
28 protects your job then.