From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:53:32
1 On Monday, December 5, 2016 10:42:53 AM EST Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 12/05/2016 10:36 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
3 > > You are factually wrong! If you think I am, provide a link and proof where
4 > > I am wrong.
5 >
6 > http://www.openspf.org/FAQ/Envelope_from_scope
7
8 Nothing there says From field is excluded. It just says it is difficult
9 technically. I think you are misreading that. It even says majority not ALL,
10 and concludes with
11
12 "If you want to use the "From:" header as the subject of authentication with
13 SPF, you need to be familiar with the following:"
14
15 None the less, something is off in Gentoo and needs to be address. People
16 should not be able to pose as Gentoo developers. Compose an email using my
17 email addresses and see what message you get back from SMTP servers. Properly
18 configured ones :)
21 William L. Thomson Jr.