From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council nominations
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 23:08:48
1 On 16.6.2013 5.17, Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > I think nominations are open now, so I will nominate Rich Freeman, Petteri
3 > Räty, Ulrich Mueller, Samuli Suominen, Robin H. Johnson, Mike Frysinger, and
4 > Michał Górny in no particular order.
8 Thank you for the nomination. As it's been almost six years now from my
9 first council meeting, I gave it a lot of thought on how long it's best
10 for me to keep going. It seems most of the existing council is
11 continuing and in general there seems to be a good amount of candidates
12 this year. At some point I was among the top posters in the mailing
13 lists but that has not been the case in the recent past. I haven't done
14 a good job with the meeting summaries of the last couple meetings
15 either. As the rest of the year is going to be as busy as the start of
16 the year I am declining the nomination. Now I only have 4 Finnish
17 company boards to worry about for the time being...
18
19 I would like to thank everyone for these years in the council. It has
20 been a great experience and hopefully useful service for the project. I
21 am not retiring yet though so expect to see me around just wearing other
22 kinds of hats :).
23
24 Regards,
25 Petteri