From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 02:12:38
1 On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 09:12:49AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > W dniu wto, 26.06.2018 o godzinie 09∶11 +0200, użytkownik Michał Górny
3 > napisał:
4 > > To improve readability of the thread, I'll ask my question in reply to
5 > > myself ;-).
8 > And I'd like to ask the inevitable question: what do you think should be
9 > the roles of Gentoo Council and Trustees appropriately?
10
11 The Gentoo Foundation charter defines the role of the foundation. In my
12 own words, though, its purpose is to protect the trademark, logo,
13 protect the Gentoo software w/ copyrights, and provide financial services
14 such as handling donations etc. The trustees are the leaders of the
15 foundation.
16
17 The Council is supposed to make cross-project technical decisions and
18 handle disciplinary and qa appeals.
19
20 I see the council *and* trustees as the complete leadership team of Gentoo.
21 They perform different functions.
22
23 The only thing I'll say about moving to an umbrella organization is I
24 think a move like that should be thoroughly thought out before it
25 happens.
26
27 William