From: Ultrabug <ultrabug@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo now has a Github "organization"
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 12:03:46
1 On 19/05/2012 16:58, Matthew Summers wrote:
2 > On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 >>> On May 19, 2012 4:14 AM, "Matthew Summers" <quantumsummers@g.o>
5 >>> Hmmm... make a portage tree mirror?
6 >>>
7 >>
8 >> We don't even use git in our workflow, so I see no point in setting up
9 >> a github repo.
10 >>
11 >> --
12 >> ~Nirbheek Chauhan
13 >>
14 >> Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team
17 > How about this? Mirror overlays for projects that are understaffed to
18 > encourage more broad contribution from the community. Thoughts?
21 It also may be interesting to use the github workflow with
22 proxy-maintainers (which might also make the proxy-maintainers project
23 even more visible) ?
24
25 Seems like quite a bunch of people and potential contributors are used
26 to github so we might be able to capitalize on it.