From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items - pgp key handling
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 05:55:56
1 On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Last I was actively working on it, I was about to start coding the git
4 > commit validation hook. But got injured/concussion that put that on
5 > hold.
6
7 I'd encourage discussion of this bit at least on the appropriate lists
8 (gentoo-scm?). My only concern is that validating git commits
9 requires knowing what a valid git commit looks like, and that might
10 involve some number of assumptions about how we intend to use git.
11
12 This is actually one of the areas surrounding the migration that
13 hasn't been fully baked. I'm sure everybody has a sense in their head
14 of how things will work, but I'm not convinced that everybody's
15 notions are the same. There has been discussion in the past about
16 merge vs rebase and so on, and that can have an impact on just what
17 commits actually end up in our tree, and who if anybody has signed all
18 of them.
19
20 Definitely don't want to slow you down. I just don't want you to end
21 up getting burned if things don't go as you expected. Also, I'm
22 interested in how you figured everything would work in part because it
23 might help the rest of us make up our minds...
24
25 Rich