From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting and schedule
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:10:34
On 04/18/2010 02:56 AM, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> How are we going to vote on all this? It would be interesting to be > able to vote on each topic/question individually. We could list all > answers to multiple choice questions and yes/no questions, rank them > using our usual condorcet voting system, and only retain the highest > ranked answer for each question. Other ideas? >
Yeah voting on features individually gets progress better than voting on a huge thing that many people have small issues with.
> Schedule and other practical issues? The goal is to have the new text > available before we vote for a new council. Let's start planning this > so that we can make sure we can make that target. >
Finishing before the next council starts sounds like a worthy goal. It would be event better to finish before nominations start so that the new operations rules can be taken into consideration by candidates. Regards, Petteri