From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 16:17:47
1 On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:03:38 AM EST Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 10:53:29 -0500
3 >
4 > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Compose an email using my
6 > > email addresses and see what message you get back from SMTP servers.
7 >
8 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/adc634b0fd1a8b42305bf783f
9 > 06ac218
10 >
11 > The question is: who got that email, and who didn't?
12
13 Looks like the problem is even worse. Gentoo mailing lists are not checking
14 SPF records. This is Gentoo specific. Send it to a Gmail or other properly
15 setup SMTP server and/or proxies and you should get a rejection per SPF.
16
17 Not only can gentoo.org email addresses be spoofed on Gentoo mailing lists,
18 but so can individuals. Good thing I GPG sign my emails. But this IMHO is
19 pretty embarrassing for an organization such as Gentoo.
20
21 Something is very off technically!
24 William L. Thomson Jr.