From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 00:46:24
1 On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 7:03 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> There isn't any specific requirement for that and there isn't any
5 >> contract that ties the people volunteering their free time to do
6 >> something in Gentoo with the foundation (since the copyright assignment
7 >> got killed as I mentioned before).
10 > Ebuild headers would appear to say differently. If the status quo has
11 > changed this needs to be reflected in ebuild maintenance guidelines if it
12 > hasn't already.
15 This is part of the reason for trying to revamp copyright policy. See
16 this draft (though I'm still trying to make it simpler, and there were
17 some good suggestions made on IRC today):
18 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Aliceinwire/CopyrightPolicy
19
20 I don't see much point in arguing over whether copyright assignment is
21 or isn't happening today. It makes more sense to move forward with a
22 better policy that we can all agree reflects reality, and is better
23 aligned with "best practices."
26 Rich