From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 20:59:14
1 On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 3:31 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Saturday, January 14, 2017 8:16:58 PM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >> If we want legal advice it would make far more sense to retain
5 >> legal counsel, or maybe work with an organization that does so.
6 >
7 > How will you go about retaining legal advice? Who will have Legal authority to
8 > speak to legal counsel? Who will legally represent Gentoo?
9
10 I was referring to the Foundation obtaining counsel in advance of a
11 move to something like SPI.
14 > This would not change under the SPI.
17 Under the SPI Gentoo wouldn't need legal counsel, at least in the
18 sense of Gentoo the distro. SPI would need counsel, but they already
19 have it. Nobody would sue Gentoo in the event of a dispute, they
20 would sue SPI.
23 Rich