From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should Council members be pillars of the community?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:30:40
1 Hello Michał,
4 On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:47:17 +0200
5 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6
7 > Hello,
8 >
9 > Here's another question for the nominees.
10
11 Allow me to intrude.
12
13 > Back when I was on the Council, there was a time that I've been
14 > approached that my behavior is not appropriate for a public Gentoo
15 > representative, even if the comments in question had nothing to do
16 > with the Council matters.
17
18 Yes.
19
20 > Today, I would like to ask: do you think that Council members should
21 > lead the community by example? Should their reputation be untainted,
22 > should they be able to withhold their anger even when they believe
23 > they have reasons enough to attack others? Should they not
24 > participate in flames, unless only to extinguish them?
25
26 Yes.
27
28 > Is it considered acceptable that a nominee for election calls other
29 > developers inhumane or delusional on the public mailing lists? Is it
30 > good that he throws false accusations without verifying them?
31
32 This is you exhibiting an example of the unwanted behaviour above?
33
34 > Is it fine that yet another nominee runs an election campaign focused
35 > on attacking other developers, and apparently trying to get votes
36 > by finding 'a common enemy'?
37
38 This is you exhibiting an example of the unwanted behaviour above?
41 Kind regards,
42 jer