From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Expanding Foundation Bylaws, section 4.9 Termination from Membership
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2018 22:33:11
1 I think rich0 is spot-on here where if we make it even shorter, it gets
2 even stronger:
3
4 Section 4.9. Termination from Membership.
5 Membership may be terminated by a majority vote of the board of trustees.
6
7 No explanation required. Right now, it sounds like the trustees may need to
8 justify that the member is acting contrary to the purpose(s) of the
9 Foundation. When really, no justification should be required (it just opens
10 the door for endless argument, grumpiness, and thus more likely to lead to
11 legal action). At the very least, it should say that the trustees can
12 remove anyone *they feel* (ie. based on *their opinion*, which can't be
13 argued) is acting poorly. That removes the possibility of debate.
14
15 -Daniel