From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-core] Petteri Räty (betelgeuse) re-elected as Developer Relations Lead
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:02:31
1 On 23-07-2012 13:00:48 +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 23 July 2012 07:05, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
3 > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Hello.
5 > >
6 > > The Developer Relations team just held its mandatory yearly election
7 > > (per GLEP39). The election resulted in the re-election of Petteri Räty
8 > > (betelgeuse) as the DevRel Lead.
9
10 Congrats Petteri!
11
12 > Since Council functions also as a "court of appeal" for DevRel, I would
13 > like to see us adopt a policy that people cannot be a member of both
14 > Council and DevRel. This would avoid any possible conflict of interest.
15 >
16 > What do others think about this?
17
18 Some separation of this kind makes sense to me. Not sure if it should
19 exclude someone to be on both entities, since most of the time, the work
20 is unrelated.
24 Fabian Groffen
25 Gentoo on a different level