From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2012-05-08
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 06:03:30
1 First off, we are not talking about Gnome OS. I personally am not a
2 gnome user; I have know idea how to use it.
3
4 Also, I have /usr on a separate partition. I was against this change
5 initially, but after thinking about it, it makes a lot of sense.
6
7 This is the first issue we are talking about [1], and if you read it over,
8 you will see that gnome isn't driving this.
9
10 Regarding the case for the /usr merge, it again has nothing to do with
11 gnome. It is a simplification of the filesystem layout which
12 offers some compelling advantages [2].
13
14 As someone else said in this
15 thread, I have never seen a "case against the /usr merge" explaining why
16 it shouldn't happen.
17
18 William
19