From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] The status of grsecurity upstream and hardened-sources downstream
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:09:18
1 On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Toralf Förster <toralf@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 06/23/2017 06:28 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> I don't recommend we remove any of the machinery from Gentoo that deals with PaX
4 >> markings.
5 >
6 > I'm still using the hardened profile both at my desktop and my server -
7 > now together with latest stable vanilla-kernel by directly following the
8 > stable kernel git
9 > (echo "sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-4.10.13" >>
10 > /etc/portage/profile/package.provided).
11 > I realized (at the tinderbox images as well), that PAX-marking error
12 > messages do occur, when I didn't add '-paxkernel' to my USE flags.
13
14 The errors probably stem from lack of xattr support on tmpfs. Both
15 gentoo-sources and hardened-sources include a patch to enable this
16 (1500_XATTR_USER_PREFIX.patch).
17
18 You can either switch to gentoo-sources, or set PAX_MARKINGS="none" in
19 make.conf.