From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Michal "miska" Hrusecky
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:42:45
1 On 14:59 Fri 17 Jun , Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Good day,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce to you a new member for the Gentoo family.
5 > Michal "miska" Hrusecky is joining us from Prague, Czech Republic. He
6 > decided to start a solo carrier by maintaining a couple of packages in
7 > portage tree. This is how he describes himself:
8 >
9 > "I was born in Prague and lived there for most of my life. My first
10 > Linux was SuSE, then I went through Mandrake to FreeBSD which I used for
11 > few years. When getting back to Linux I chosed Gentoo as most user
12 > friendly and started using it. Apart from Gentoo which I've got on my
13 > notebook to play with, I've got openSUSE everywhere else as I don't have
14 > time to maintain these machines and I don't need anything special there.
15 > I work part-time at SUSE as openSUSE Booster - apart from packaging it
16 > means taking care of community by making it super easy for them to
17 > participate. And luckily for me giving talks on conferences. Apart from
18 > that I'm studying Linguistics at Charles University.
19 > Interest are PDAs, trying to get flying licence, trying to learn how to
20 > play Golf, love to drive my car/ride my motorcycle."
21 >
22 > Please give him the usual "warm" welcome on #gentoo-dev :)
23
24 Welcome to the team, and don't forget to mention how nice Gentoo is to
25 all that SUSE users :) (My first Linux was SuSE!)
26
27 Cheers,
28 Thomas
33 Thomas Kahle