From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2017-09-10
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 17:59:55
1 On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 12:48:02PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 07:36:32PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > W dniu pon, 04.09.2017 o godzinie 19∶22 +0200, użytkownik David Seifert
4 > > napisał:
5 > > > Hi William,
6 > > >
7 > > > given the massive inactivity of the sparc and hppa arches, I would like
8 > > > to request dropping their profiles to 'dev'. I would like two votes:
9 > > >
10 > > > 1) Should sparc be dropped to a 'dev' profile?
11 > > >
12 > > > 2) Should hppa be dropped to a 'dev' profile?
13 > > >
14 > > > I hope this can clear a lot of the STABLEREQ and KEYWORDREQ backlog
15 > > > that is making maintenance in Gentoo cumbersome.
16 > > >
17 > >
18 > > Weren't we discussing moving them to ~arch? I don't like marking
19 > > profiles non-stable because it disables CI checks on pull requests, so
20 > > whatever people do with those keywords, we no longer verify it.
21 >
22 > Moving to dev means repoman doesn't scream about things, that's the
23 > cleaner way to go imo. Also, that means we don't have to go through the
24 > tree and change keywords everywhere.
25
26 I would like to add a couple of things.
27
28 <council hat>
29 The arch teams can do this themselves without going through the council,
30 so I see it as coming to us only due to the inactivity of the arch teams.
31
32 For me, the question should be, have the arch teams been inactive long
33 enough that maintenance is being hindered in Gentoo?
34
35 If yes, we should allow it.
36 </council hat>
37
38 As a base-system maintainer, I am concerned about the lack of response
39 on stabilizing OpenRC-0.28.
40
41 Thanks,
42