From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should DevRel members be in Council?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:06:29
1 On 14.08.2011 16:42, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 >
3 >> So lets try with an example:
4 >
5 >> A dev wants to join the Sunrise project and i as the lead say no to
6 >> him.
7 >
8 >> This means, both 1 and 2 are already done, 3 does not seem reasonable
9 >> to me, since it looks unlikely to me, that DevRel could/should force
10 >> a team to accept a new member, which would end with the last point.
11 >> And if both sides keep their point, council could either force his
12 >> addition, which will usually mean, that the team lead leaves or
13 >> accept the decision of the team lead.
16 > I don't think Council is eligible to force this. The council is not
17 > supposed to interfere with how teams operate.
20 The precedent is that Council can rule whatever it wants besides
21 changing GLEP 39. Of course in a volunteer project some might never get
22 executed. Changing eligibility rules for the council requires a change
23 to GLEP 39 so it's not something we can vote on in the next meeting.
24
25 Regards,
26 Petteri