From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Burden of proof
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 15:33:52
1 On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 9:24 AM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Daniel,
4 >
5 > Whilst I applaud your efforts, you clearly haven't spent a lot of time
6 > around Michal. This is his modus-operandi, and whilst not helpful to many,
7 > it has been accepted as the norm around Gentoo. It's not unknown that you
8 > have to have a thick skin to work in Gentoo circles, and this is an example
9 > of why. If you find it a problem, escalate to ComRel, as procedures allow,
10 > but rest assured that whilst mgorny may recuse himself from any processes,
11 > I'm sure his allies will rally to his cause. This is the Gentoo of now,
12 > good luck!
15 I think this is an important issue to address. It is really not about
16 Michal. It is about the culture of the project. The culture has become so
17 acidic that it drives away friendly people from participating in important
18 areas of the project. This will hurt the project long-term and why I am
19 attempting to intervene.
20
21 I believe my proposal will help to address these issues by providing
22 accountability for Council behavior and by injecting some much-needed user
23 perspective into Council.
24
25 Best,
26