From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Discontinuing the support for GitHub pull requests
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 17:46:23
1 On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 13:32:15 +0200
2 Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Could we tell non-proxy-maint PRs to establish a cross-reference
5 > between a bugzilla entry and the GH PR? Then if a bugzilla entry
6 > exists, which points at the PR (via URL, See Also, something new or
7 > whatever we decide suitable), the PR is kept open after that one week,
8 > otherwise automatically closed with info how to create a bugzilla entry
9 > for this and re-open the PR?
10
11 Something else that could improve the visibility would be when PR's got
12 initial auto-assignment, the PR's title and the list of assignees was
13 mentioned in #gentoo-bugs
14
15 eg: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/6103
16
17 Could show up as:
18
19 New PR: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/6103 app-vim/jedi: Enabled tests FROM: TheChymera CC: monsieurp, horea.christ, proxy-maint, vim
20
21 I know it would make *me* more likely to see relevant PRs in a timely
22 manner. ( Highlights are much easier to implement in my IRC client in
23 an effective way than my mail client )