From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Code of conduct
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:37:13
1 On 10/01/2013 07:22 PM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 10/01/2013 07:34 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 >> On 10/01/2013 06:27 PM, hasufell wrote:
4 >>> On 10/01/2013 03:12 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>> That isn't to say that I won't fairly evaluate appeals, but I'm
7 >>>> not going to second-guess every little temporary list ban.
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>> No one here dares to ban long-term trolls from the list. They
11 >>> are tolerated.
12 >>>
13 >
14 >> This contributes nothing to the discussion does it? From what I
15 >> can tell, it's you who are trolling right now and tries to derail
16 >> the discussion. The ComRel was formed only a week ago and no trolls
17 >> have appeared since then. Or do you just want us to start banning
18 >> people to prove that we are willing to do it?
21 > No, I'm just explaining my view on the usefulness of shaping CoC
22 > wording and stating that our MLs are practically not moderated.
23 >
24 > That is not trolling. So yes, it is yet to prove that something has
25 > actually changed. Do you want me to open a new thread for this comment?
28 We do not need to prove anything to anyone. The fact that *you* can't
29 see ComRel operating, it does not mean we are idling. The mailing lists
30 are not practically moderated because we assumed that people are capable
31 to have professional discussions. Clearly we were wrong and I already
32 announced our intention to changed that. Like I said, that e-mail was
33 send only a week ago and since then we haven't seen any problem.
36 Regards,
37 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
38 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang