From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Status update of Sunrise project?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 10:02:42
1 On Sunday 12 April 2015 11:59:09 hasufell wrote:
2 > On 04/11/2015 01:54 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > 1. What does proxy-maintainers lack in comparison to sunrise
4 > > exclusively. The immediate question is whether sunrise should be
5 > > migrated to proxy-maintainers, so this specific comparison is
6 > > important.
7 >
8 > proxy-maintainers lack:
9 > 1. a repository with a usable VCS
10 > 2. an actual review workflow... @proxy-maintainers are just some sort of
11 > backup committers. it's not a hub for contributors to gather, discuss,
12 > get reviews and improve skills
13 > 3. means to ensure the tree doesn't break
14 > 4. actively look for and educate potential developers, even before the
15 > recruitment process
16
17 Oh my.
18
19 Can you please stop being such a drama queen and accept reality every now and
20 then?
24 > So it should, if at all, be the other way around: dissolve
25 > proxy-maintainers, fix the sunrise workflow and make it the contribution
26 > hub again it once was. But I'm not actually advocating for that. I think
27 > the sunrise concept doesn't work anymore.
28
29 proxy-maint is the least broken process we have. Unless you have constructive
30 criticism I don't see why you waste time whining about everything.
31
32 Sigh.