From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Pavlos "dastergon" Ratis
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 09:02:06
1 09.11.2012 22:58, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Good evening everyone,
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce a new developer. Pavlos "dastergon"
5 > Ratis is joining us from Serres, Greece and he will be working on the
6 > KDE packages for now. He has also expressed his interest in joining
7 > the kernel team later on. Here is how he describes himself:
8 >
9 > "My name is Pavlos Ratis and I am coming from Greece. I am an
10 > undergraduate student of Informatics and Communications in the
11 > Technical Educational Institute of Serres, Greece. My main interests
12 > include technology, Linux, movies, music and to go out with my
13 > friends. I’ve been using Gentoo since 2008 or so, I am also a member
14 > of Greek Gentoo community and a member in my local Linux users group
15 > where I promote Linux at my college mainly. Recently I attended to the
16 > Gentoo Miniconf at Prague and helped as a volunteer the miniconf
17 > room.I have also organized with my local LUG the fifth FOSSCOMM which
18 > is the biggest FOSS event in Greece."
19 >
20 > Please give him a warm welcome. As for the usual bug load, please
21 > don't do that this time. They have loads of bugs to take care of.
25 Welcome, Pavlos.
28 Best regards, Sergey Popov
29 Gentoo Linux Developer
30 Desktop-effects project lead