From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Aggregated status whiteboard for projects
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 11:35:15
1 Hi,
2
3 Right now we lack a consisted aggregated source of project status. Some
4 projects report their progress via website news, some use various
5 mailing lists, some don't report status at all. I'd like to propose
6 a new method for publishing an opt-in 'status whiteboard' for projects.
7
8 The idea is to create a special template on wiki. The projects
9 interested in publishing their status would use the template to put it
10 on the page. As a result, besides being published as part of project
11 page it would be aggregated for machine processing.
12
13 Then, we'd create a simple aggregated listing of all projects publishing
14 their status.
15
16 The exact data reported is unspecified. For example, it could state
17 the current releases, what the project is currently working on, etc.
18 The primary purpose would be to let users and developers know better
19 what's happening inside Gentoo. The secondary purpose would be to
20 provide a quick health check.
21
22 What do you think?
25 Best regards,