From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:20:15
1 Am Mittwoch, 30. September 2015, 20:15:37 schrieb Michał Górny:
2 >
3 > I would like to get a final decision/vote on what to do about projects,
4 > herds, etc. and the relevant metadata.
5
6 Here's my alternative proposal how to solve this. It takes a slightly more
7 radical approach and tries to replace the old mess not with a newer mess but
8 with a true simplification. Expanded from [1].
9
10 a) Remove the word "herd" from docs and specifications.
11
12 b) Package is "in herd" -> package is "maintained by project"
13
15 This needs (as Ulrich has already pointed out) a short-name y for each
16 project, to be defined on its wiki page.
17 E.g., "Gentoo KDE project" has shortname kde.
18
19 d) Simple and stupid mapping for e-mail aliases:
20 project shortname y -> e-mail alias is y-project@g.o
21 Legacy (e.g. y@g.o) addresses will be forwarded.
22
23 e) Since per GLEP 39 only developers can be project members, let's introduce
24 "contributors" which are listed on the wiki project page together with the
25 members.
26
27 f) The project e-mail alias is automatically populated from the wiki page
28 (members and contributors).
29 * We may want to introduce a tick mark on the member listing ("Receives
30 project mail"), if not all project members want to be on the alias.
31 * This introduces the simplification that alias members are a subset of
32 project members & contributors. I.e., noone not listed on the project page can
33 get project mail.
34 * Obviously there are exceptions to this rigid structure for few special teams
35 (sec, infra, ...)
36
37 Thoughts?
38 Andreas
39
40 [1] https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/7fa1dd0095297d1c3365d432058a088f
43 Andreas K. Huettel
44 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
45 dilfridge@g.o
46 http://www.akhuettel.de/