From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Corporate affiliations of Council members
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 05:53:38
1 On Wed, 2020-06-24 at 00:17 +0300, Andreas K. Hüttel wrote:
2 > Am Montag, 22. Juni 2020, 21:56:06 EEST schrieb Alec Warner:
3 > > I'm not sure why we would single out employment here; surely there are
4 > > other potential relationships that could give rise to conflicts? Why are
5 > > these excluded from disclosure?
8 > Because money is a powerful (and socially accepted) incentive.
11 To be honest, he's right. Money is not specific to employment. Imagine
12 someone running a Gentoo fork, with its own community, donations or
13 other source of income. It's still money, still potential source of
14 conflict, but not employment ;-). Like when Gentoo implements something
15 their distro boasted of, and now their users may choose vanilla Gentoo.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny