From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:02:13
1 > It was suggested by some people before (few months ago), so let's
2 > discuss it for real.
3 >
4 > Here are my suggestions:
5 >
6 > - remove gentoo-project, we can discuss things on gentoo-dev
7
8 I'm going to sit on the sidelines for this one.
9
10 > - remove gentoo-gmn, the project is dead, isn't it?
11 > - remove gentoo-desktop-research, for similar reasons
12 > - remove gentoo-performance, for similar reasons
13 > - remove gentoo-extreme-security, ditto
14 >
15 > My understanding is that we would still keep the archives of those
16 > mailing lists, which are probably valuable.
17 >
18 > The main benefit of the mailing list consolidation is less confusion
19 > where to post, less fragmentation (people not reading or even not seeing
20 > certain discussions), and removal of dead lists which give bad
21 > impression when people try to use them.
22 >
23 > What do you think?
24
25 It would be interesting to know how many ppl are subscribed to each ml. And
26 also how active that ml is.
27
28 If we take the gentoo-java ml, it is certainly not active. What im unsure of
29 is how many ppl are subscribed to it. That would let us know how useful of a
30 medium it actually.
31
32 - Alistair.