From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Code of conduct (was: Council meeting: Tuesday 2013-10-08, 19:00 UTC)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 10:52:00
1 2013/10/1 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
2 No idea from me on 1st question, up to Markos to decide.
5 > 2. The last section uses the term "enforcer". According to
6 > Merriam-Webster dictionary:
7 >
8 > Definition of ENFORCER
9 > 1 : one that enforces
10 > 2 a : a violent criminal employed by a crime syndicate;
11 > especially : hit man 1
12 > b : player (as in ice hockey) known for rough play and fighting
13 >
14 > It looks like the word has negative connotations and should be
15 > avoided. (The current CoC uses "proctor" instead.) But maybe native
16 > speakers could comment on this?
19 We had proctors project which failed up horribly, thats why I put something
20 else that does not have the stigma.
21 But I like the hitman note :)
22 Anyway definition 1 "one that enforces" is sufficient in my eyes, so I am
23 for keeping it in place.
27 > 3. The text should use consistent spelling. Currently, both British
28 > ("behaviour") and American ("honored") spelling variants occur.
31 Yeah that needs fixing, I used british when I wrote it but copyied stuff
32 use US one.
33
34 As we are US based org any American willing to fix it? :)
35
36 Tom