From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Looking for ways the Foundation can accomplish its mission.
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 08:44:23
1 On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:52:55 -0400 Alec Warner wrote:
2 [...]
3 > First off, I 100% agree we should do the financial accounting. Consider it
4 > my first priority.
5
6 Excellent.
7
8 > Regarding the funding; the main thrust of this thread is basically deciding
9 > how much funding is enough; We have a bunch of money. Its expected that
10 > post-finance cleanup we will still have money leftover; and we don't spend
11 > very much money today. So given that, what could we spend money on? How
12 > could the foundation put its funds to good use in its mission? That is the
13 > question I'm trying to get input on; I think the answer in many ways
14 > impacts what kind of financial plan we have for the Foundation in 2019 /
15 > 2020.
16 >
17 > The foundation is already a not-for-profit organization. Did you perhaps
18 > mean a *tax-exempt* not for profit, and if so, why do you think we should
19 > be a tax-exempt nonprofit?
20
21 I mean tax exmeption for donators, this motivates people to donate
22 more.
23
24 Best regards,
25 Andrew Savchenko