From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:51:40
1 Denis Dupeyron:
2 > On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> 1. Let the games project keep its policy, and anybody who wants to
4 >> change this has to join the project and call for elections
5 >
6 > This is the obvious answer to the question. I wonder why we're even
7 > discussing it. Unless actions by $team conflict with our rules and/or
8 > actions with other teams, issues within $team are to be solved from
9 > within $team.
10
11 a) There was an example of a conflict, you seem to have missed it.
12 b) Issues are also about getting in touch with the team and it hasn't
13 been solved for a long time, so... "are to be solved from within $team"
14 is a no-op.
15 c) The initial idea of mgorny was to discuss the games team policy. As
16 already pointed out in b) no one from the team answered on the thread.
17 So the next logical step is asking the council.
20 > On the matter of calling for elections, since every project must hold
21 > elections every year per GLEP 39, it's legitimate for the council to
22 > call for an election when it doesn't happen. No need for anybody to
23 > join the project and call for it. When I was a council member I would
24 > regularly follow-up with lead status in TLPs, and have actually forced
25 > elections in the KDE project in an amiable way once. No need to get
26 > the big hammer of justice from the closet: just gather the people, get
27 > them to vote, and problem solved.
28
29 Pretty sure this will not solve any of the problems.
30
31 > If the current and previous councils
32 > had been doing their job as they should have, instead of flooding
33 > mailing lists, we wouldn't be in that situation today.
36 What is ComRel doing these days? Why do we have to discuss communication
37 related issues with the council?
38
39 Even after this was all over dev ML, I have a feeling you didn't
40 actually try to mediate and contact the team/project lead, since you
41 don't seem to realize that there is a problem.
42 If you did, then I'm sorry and would like to hear the results.
43
44 So, let's not make assumptions about why we are in this situation...