From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Foundation: A second election
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 03:11:21
1 Greetings,
2
3 Due to the tie in the first election we have chosen to seat robbat2
4 and antarus and hold another election for the 3rd seat. alicef and
5 reopen_nominations tied in the last election. To resolve the tie we
6 will hold a second election (with nomination period.) If alicef is the
7 only person nominated; we are likely to forgo voting in the second
8 election and simply seat her (to conserve time.) The board does not
9 want to have a board of 4 people[0].
10
11 All times and dates UTC.
12 The nomination period begins now and lasts for 7 days (through the end
13 of Aug 30 2021.)
14 Voting begins Sept 1 2021 and ends Sept 8 2021.
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 -A
19
20 [0] If the members keep voting to reopen_nominations it will cause the
21 seat to be vacant and the board can fill the seat at their pleasure or
22 keep it empty. We are basically saying we will fill it; we do not want
23 an empty seat.