From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-01-13
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 04:20:01
1 On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 11:34:38PM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Since we now have an AUTHORS file in the Gentoo repository, I would
3 > like to resubmit my original proposal from October 2018 about copyright
4 > attribution [1]. That is, update the tree policy as follows:
5 >
6 > The simplified form of the copyright attribution according to
7 > GLEP 76 [2], i.e., "Copyright YEARS Gentoo Authors", SHALL [3]
8 > be used for ebuilds and profile files in the Gentoo repository.
9 >
10 > The only change is that "SHALL" will be present instead of past tense.
11 For the record, can you clarify what attribution should be used for the
12 following files in the Gentoo repository?
13 - eclasses
14 - init files & other scripts
15 - patches (written by a Gentoo developer vs external contributor)
16
17 As a specific case, if a new package is submitted with an openrc init
18 script written by the contributor, and they have their name in it;
19 should that remain intact (and what should be done later when modifying
20 that file).
21
22 This would hopefully be the start of a attribution example guide that
23 could provide clear examples (which don't belong in the GLEP itself).
26 Robin Hugh Johnson
27 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
28 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
29 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
30 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136