From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Dropping unstable packages on minor archs
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:45:04
1 This is a follow-up to the minor archs issue that was mostly resolved
2 in September.
3
4 The council agreed that:
5
6 "If a maintainer has an open STABLEREQ, or a KEYWORDREQ blocking a
7 pending STABLEREQ, for 90 days with archs CCed and otherwise ready
8 to be stabilized, the maintainer can remove older stable versions of
9 the package at their discretion. A package is considered ready to be
10 stabilized if it has been in the tree for 30 days, and has no known
11 major flaws on arches that upstream considers supported."
12
13 Here is my follow-up:
14
15 Are there any objections to changing "the maintainer can remove older stable
16 versions of the package at their discretion" to "the maintainer can
17 remove older versions of the package at their discretion?" In the
18 case of a KEYWORDREQ the older version might not be stable.
19
20 Surely if a stable version can be removed, an unstable one could be...
21
22 This is actually coming up in practice, so I'd like the Council to
23 tackle this at the next meeting, assuming that we can't just agree
24 that this was what we meant all along.
25
26 Rich