From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Project Members Without Wiki Accounts
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 14:39:13
1 On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Since the projects were migrated to the wiki, only developers with
4 > wiki accounts can be added as project members. What we don't have is
5 > a way to track the remaining project members:
6 >
7 > a. developers who refuse to sign up for the wiki account,
10 I think the simple solution is that devs who don't sign up for wiki
11 accounts don't belong to projects, at least not in any official
12 capacity. That is, they don't get to vote for leads, don't need to be
13 consulted on decisions, and so on.
14
15 If there is something that prevents devs from obtaining wiki accounts
16 please let us know.
17
18 > b. users who are not developers.
21 Is there anything that prevents such users from creating wiki
22 accounts? As far as I can see anybody can create one, but I haven't
23 tried to actually doing it as a non-dev. It seems like the simplest
24 solution to to have non-devs just create wiki accounts when joining
25 projects.
26
27 I don't really see creating a wiki account as some kind of huge
28 barrier to entry. Besides, we do want participants to create
29 documentation when possible, right?
32 Rich