From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 13:53:43
On 02/13/2018 02:43 PM, Aaron Bauman wrote:
> You make a lot of bold claims. If only they were true. There is definitely one council member who has said they WILL NOT recuse themselves from a council vote if a conflict arose. They even went on to quote the lack of policy forcing them to recuse themselves.
As this is likely referring to me, it is a misattribution that is actually more in line with rich0's statements than anything else. A difference of opinion does not necessarily constitute a conflict of interest, and I will not recuse myself on general grounds from a council decision because I'm also involved (lead or not) of a project. I explicitly said I _would_ recuse myself if there is a conflict of interest. -- Kristian Fiskerstrand OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3