From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo metastructure reform - reality and SPI
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:40:40
1 On 11/01/2017 21:03, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > The Gentoo Foundation exists to handles legal and
3 > administrative matters and should serve the distribution, not the other
4 > way around.
5 >
6 > Despite the best efforts of the Board, the Foundation has repeatedly
7 > been plagued with problems such as poor record-keeping and at one point
8 > even fell into bad standing. I very much appreciate the work the
9 > Trustees have put in (especially in recent months to try and straighten
10 > everything out), but I have serious concerns about the Foundation’s
11 > long-term prospects, let alone handing them more responsibilities and power.
12 >
13 > Gentoo is a community-driven project lead by the Council, and we should
14 > keep it that way. I therefore propose we follow the lead of other major
15 > projects[0] and become associated with SPI[1], making use of their
16 > various services[2] such as accepting donations, and holding funds and
17 > other assets. As an associated project, Gentoo would retain its
18 > independence - SPI would not own, govern, or otherwise control us.
19
20 I like this idea.
21
22 Paweł