From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Upcoming council meeting - Saturday, 18th of December, 1500 UTC
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:33:44
1 On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:17:34 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > 2. To avoid such long delays as we have seen with EAPI 4, I would also
4 > like to suggest the following: New EAPI dependent features shall only
5 > be accepted if a preliminary patch for portage exists.
6
7 You mean, "code it without doing any design"?
8
9 I'll note that the original EAPI 4 list included *only* those features
10 that Zac said would be easy to implement, and a long list of things
11 developers wanted was left out because of that... The problem here's
12 not on the EAPI or PMS side.
15 Ciaran McCreesh