From: "Daniel Campbell (zlg)" <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 19:00:52
1 -------- Original Message --------
2 From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
3 Sent: February 5, 2016 3:49:42 AM PST
4 To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
6
7 On 2/5/16 3:01 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
8 > ---
9 >
10 > Out of the above list, I'd be willing to take over x11-wm/i3.
11 >
12
13 I have an idea that I'll pass by the council on the 14th. Basically,
14
15 1) we officially contact hasufell as the council
16
17 2) wait a week
18
19 3a) if he says he is coming back, then do nothing
20 3b) if he says he might come back or doesn't answer then maintainers can
21 adopt a package at will, making themselves first maintainer and hasufell
22 second. packages that are not adopted after some time can be moved to
23 maintainer needed
24 3c) if he says he won't come back ever, period, full stop, then, as sad
25 as it is, its open season
26
27 I don't know how much community discussion this needs, but that's what
28 I'm going to propose. As may be noted a few packages there are
29 important and we don't want them left unmaintained while at the same
30 time leaving the door open. Currently I'm baby sitting libressl and
31 mbedtls.
32 That sounds like a good idea to me. I think it's fair to treat something like this with same caution and gravity. It'd be hasty of us to divvy out packages at the first sign of a developer losing interest in or becoming angry with Gentoo. As you said, sometimes it gets to you. Personal lives have a way of influencing professional lives and volunteer work, and volunteer work is usually the first to suffer.
33
34 I'll wait for a council decision before touching anything.
35 --
36 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.