From: Arthur Zamarin <arthurzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2021-11-14
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 20:13:04
1 On 08/11/2021 14.17, Marek Szuba wrote:
2 > On 05/11/2021 20:13, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 >
4 >> the next council meeting will be on 2021-11-14. Please reply to this mail
5 >> with proposed agenda items.
6 >
7 > Unsurprisingly, I would like the Council to vote on dropping hppa, ppc,
8 > sparc and x86 (with a separate vote for each, I'd say) to ~arch-only
9 > status.
12 Well, regarding sparc, I have just joined the arch team (thank you sam
13 for the help). After some short setup time and becoming comfortable with
14 it, I believe I will help keywording and stabilization effort. So I
15 think we will have no issues to be up there with amd64 in state.
16
17 Based on previous history with rekeywording for dev-python/* packages
18 (sigh, upstream love to add new dependencies), sparc is one of the
19 fastest. In stabilizations they are mostly one of the first.
20
21 So I would like to ask for sparc to remain stable. Also, it would be
22 nice if we had some kind of metric to measure if an arch isn't "fast"
23 enough.
24
25 And in this place, I want to call other Gentoo developers to join the
26 various arches teams. They are nice and will help you to enter it, so we
27 could bring even better experience to our users. We have dev boxes, even
28 monster size like the sparc one.
31 Arthur Zamarin
32 arthurzam@g.o
33 Gentoo Linux developer (Python, GURU, Sparc)

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature