From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Making GLSAs useful for security
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:09:35
1 Ühel kenal päeval, R, 16.12.2016 kell 13:30, kirjutas Thomas
2 Deutschmann:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Mart, how would your proposal affect human readable GLSAs at
6 > https://security.gentoo.org/glsa/ ?
7 >
8 > Would you only publish machine readable information for the glsa-
9 > check
10 > tool and still hold back human readable information or would you
11 > publish
12 > both?
13
14 I'm not sure, I don't have knowledge of how this information is
15 consumed. I want to make sure that our actual users and sysadmins get
16 the information as fast as possible for their architecture via glsa-
17 check and such.
18
19 How the publishing on the website and other places should be done is up
20 for the security team to discuss and decide, just like the glsa-check
21 use case.
22
23 I would imagine we could add some blurbs about what architectures the
24 fix is available for, and some standard text for those that don't have
25 it marked yet.
26 As a random note, delaying the release will mess around with the GLSA
27 number ordering compared to them appearing there.
30 Mart