From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: recruiters@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2022-23: Questions for Candidates: how to increase contributions
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 00:35:59
1 On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 12:55 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 2022-06-18 at 00:14 +0100, Sam James wrote:
4 > > People do tend to get frustrated with time taken to merge PRs. We do
5 > > alright or pretty well most of the time (depending on circumstances)
6 > > but only a handful of us merge PRs at all en-masse.
7 > >
8 > > We need more people to be comfortable merging PRs - CI
9 > > to verify patches apply, a simple default USE flags build works
10 > > would go a long way here.
11 >
12 > This also means we need more developers putting Gentoo ahead of their
13 > personal prejudices and accepting PRs on GitHub. It's not nice at all
14 > if users submit something just to have it rejected because someone
15 > prefers another workflow.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Best regards,
19 > Michał Górny
24 Re-evaluating your "signed off by" requirements on github, when that's
25 legally meaningless, and already covered by the existing github terms of
26 use, would also go a long way.
27
28 I explicitly will not contribute to a project that has that requirement.
29
30 https://docs.github.com/en/site-policy/github-terms/github-terms-of-service#d-user-generated-content