From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 06:45:46
1 Dnia 2014-08-03, o godz. 07:18:42
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> napisał(a):
5 > On 02/08/14 12:23, Pacho Ramos wrote:
6 > > El mar, 29-07-2014 a las 21:22 +0200, Michał Górny escribió:
7 > >> Dnia 2014-07-29, o godz. 14:06:18
8 > >> Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> napisał(a):
9 > >>
10 > >>> Would like to ask for action about how to finally handle bash-completion
11 > >>> on Gentoo. Looks like we are using a different approach as upstream to
12 > >>> handle completions now, there was a try (one year ago) to try to switch
13 > >>> to upstream style but seems that the revision implementing that was
14 > >>> later dropped due some arguments.
15 > >> Just to be clear, the arguments were not due to new bash-completion
16 > >> itself but due to lack of completeness and documentation. If I recall
17 > >> correctly, it was reverted simply because nobody was willing to do
18 > >> the remaining work and we had no real documentation for the new system.
19 > >> In other words, users upgraded, completions stopped working and didn't
20 > >> know why or how to proceed.
21 > >>
22 > >> I don't know if the Council needs to say anything here. It's just
23 > >> a matter of doing the work.
24 > >>
25 > > Yeah, I have seen new comments in relevant bug report and looks like
26 > > that was the case. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There is no need to
27 > > include it in agenda then
28 >
29 > So I guess it's more about the eselect module, and allowing it to move
30 > specific
31 > bash-completion files to temporary directory, making them out-of-scope for
32 > the bash-completion autoloader (yes, there is an autoloader) that mimics
33 > the outcome of putting specific bash-completion files to INSTALL_MASK
34
35 Wouldn't it be better to generate exclude commands in bashrc?
40 Best regards,
41 Michał Górny