From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 23:13:36
1 Hi,
2
3 A few months ago, I asked a set of questions on development mailing
4 lists of a few GNU/Linux distributions. This resulted in very
5 interesting discussions. As promised back then, all the answers from all
6 distros I contacted can be read at [0] (on the web) or [1] (as an mbox
7 file).
8
9 [0] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/distributions/
10 [1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/distributions/distributions.mbox.gz
11
12 Also, Freedesktop.org kindly agreed to host a mailing list to ease
13 discussions between distributions, and act as a central point of
14 contact. You can subscribe on [2], and post to
15 distributions@×××××××××××××××××.org.
16
17 [2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/distributions
18
19 This mailing list is for people involved (or interested) in the
20 development of distributions. Questions that are on-topic are both
21 technical and social/organizational issues, like:
22 - How do you achieve graphical boot in your distro? Do you use some kind
23 of dependancy-based or events-based boot?
24 - How do you package both ruby 1.8, ruby 1.9 and jruby, or handle KDE vs
25 KDE4?
26 - Do you use a system that gives a limited set of rights to new
27 contributors?
28
29 Off-topic stuff obviously include trolling about which distribution is
30 the best one, or user support.
31
32 Don't hesitate to forward this mail to all interested parties. Let's
33 make this mailing list something useful together!
34 --
35 | Lucas Nussbaum
36 | lucas@××××××××××××××.net http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
37 | jabber: lucas@××××××××.fr GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |