From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 14:05:12
1 > Instead of arguing endlessly about the topic of pseudonyms as a bunch of
2 > non-experts, why don't we look into having the Foundation pay an
3 > intellectual property attorney for an opinion on the matter of
4 > pseudonymous copyright? That would at least get us a somewhat informed
5 > opinion on the matter.
6
7 I tried going this route behind the scenes long ago.
8
9 The two things I learned is
10 * finding a good lawyer who understands what we need and is willing to give an
11 opinion is not easy
12 * you will get as many different answers as lawyers you ask
15 Andreas K. Hüttel
16 dilfridge@g.o
17 Gentoo Linux developer
18 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)