From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Jonathan Scruggs (dracwyrm)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 04:38:04
1 On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 20:02:33 +0100 Amy Liffey wrote:
2 > It's a pleasure to announce Jonathan Scruggs (dracwyrm) as a Gentoo
3 > Developer!
4 >
5 > He has been contributing to Gentoo for a long time through the Proxy
6 > maintainers project and fixing various packages.
7 >
8 > Here is how he describes himself:
9 >
10 > I have a Computer Science degree from SIUE and currently work and live
11 > in the U.K. I've been using Gentoo Linux since 2001 and it's my main
12 > desktop. Though, I do have Windows 10 KVM guest that I use for gaming
13 > and another guest for stable Gentoo testing. I continue to study
14 > programming languages as a side hobby, because I like to keep up with
15 > current technology. Currently I'm taking courses in 3D graphic design
16 > and animation for game programming. Ever since I was a little boy, I
17 > enjoyed the outdoors, hiking, and camping with Scouts. Today, I continue
18 > these activities as an Assistant Scout Leader with the local troop. I've
19 > been to Scout camps throughout the world and met many wonderful people
20 > that I still keep in touch with. On Sundays, I spend my time playing
21 > Table Top RPGs and part of the local club as both a player and Game
22 > Master (D&D 5e) -- it's a great way to relieve the stress built up
23 > during the week!
24
25 Welcome aboard, Jonathan!
26