From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] wiki: bad top-down localization approach
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:40:46
1 Hello. While it is not tool late, could you guys reconsider top-down
2 localization approach decided on last meeting[1]?
3
4 There are language specific things that will be be kept out of wiki only
5 due to this policy. For example I don't see any reason to write article
6 about use of Russian cryptography algorithms in Gentoo in any language
7 but Russian. There is no need to have this article in English since
8 nobody will read it.
9
10 Another reason - reality is that most of people do not know English
11 language. Why do you want to stop them from contributing? For quality
12 control - we have translator teams or there are developers who know the
13 language in question. Just find editors for every supported language and
14 let them do quality control.
15
16 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_Wiki:Meetings/2011-10-17 (see
17 Log)