From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] wiki: bad top-down localization approach
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:40:46
Hello. While it is not tool late, could you guys reconsider top-down
localization approach decided on last meeting[1]?

There are language specific things that will be be kept out of wiki only
due to this policy. For example I don't see any reason to write article
about use of Russian cryptography algorithms in Gentoo in any language
but Russian. There is no need to have this article in English since
nobody will read it.

Another reason - reality is that most of people do not know English
language. Why do you want to stop them from contributing? For quality
control - we have translator teams or there are developers who know the
language in question. Just find editors for every supported language and
let them do quality control.

[1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_Wiki:Meetings/2011-10-17 (see
Log)

WBR,