From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: reopening gentoo-council
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 00:35:33
>> That's too complicated for my simple mind.
> Unfortunately you can't prevent it. You won't be able to force > people to use gentoo-council to discuss any technical issues that > have always been discussed on the gentoo-dev ml because it's simpler > for the council members.
Technical discussions started on -dev could stay there, of course. Generally, trying to move a thread from one mailing list to another won't work (and only lead to a discussion split between both lists). The point is that the current scheme does not really work and we end up discussing technical issues on -project where they are off-topic. Two examples from today are the sub-threads about "signed commits" [1] and "optional runtime dependencies" [2]. Ulrich [1] <> [2] <>