From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Return of a developer: Jory A. Pratt (anarchy)
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:53:09
1 On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Denis Dupeyron<calchan@g.o> wrote:
2 > It's my pleasure to announce the return of Jory A. Pratt (anarchy) as
3 > a Gentoo developer. Jory has been very active recently to put our
4 > mozilla stuff back into shape and he will go on doing that.
5
6 Yay! Now people can stop having to proxy-commit for you! ;)
7
8 As the previous maintainer of mozilla stuff, I would like to throw my
9 full support behind him here. For those who don't know, Jory was the
10 original maintainer of mozilla stuff, and knows upstream pretty well.
11 If you're using firefox 3.5, thank him :)
12
13 > As
14 > recruiting has changed a lot since he first joined his quizzes
15 > required a serious brush up, but he worked on this with diligence.
18 May I remind people that for a returning dev, being able to sit and
19 understand + solve all the quizzes *again* is a very formidable task.
20 There have been devs who tried to return, but balked at having to take
21 the quizzes again and just gave up[1].
22
23 > Those who have been with Gentoo for a while may remember how Jory left
24 > us. I can assure you from the many hours I've talked with him recently
25 > that he has changed and is doing a lot of effort to behave properly.
26 > Those who still have doubts should know that he will be closely
27 > watched just in case.
28
29 For those of you who know me (not many, I'm sure but still), I would
30 like to add a drop to Denis's bucket of reassurance about him.
31
32 I have been working with Anarchy for many months now, and he's nothing
33 like he was at his worst. I admit that my knowledge of those times is
34 second-hand (via bugs and irc logs), but the man in those is quite
35 different from the man I worked with. The man I worked with is
36 knowledgeable, calm, clear-headed, open to criticism, patient, and
37 hard-working.
38
39 To all those who have reservations about him, I hope my drop made a
40 difference :)
41
42 > When not working on Gentoo, Jory is a father and husband. He also runs
43 > a motorcycle shop. Please join me in congratulating him for his
44 > return.
47 Once again, hooray for Jory! :D
50 1. There's no point naming anyone here.
53 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
54
55 GNOME Team, Gentoo