From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:54:24
1 On Sun, 11 May 2014 20:34:46 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
5 > On 11/05/14 19:51, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
6 > >> 14) "TomWij is improving qa, didn't you notice? ;)".
7 > >>
8 > >> Do people really expect QA to be communicative, be motivated and
9 > >> work?
10 > > Of course we do, but are you sure you're tackling this problem the
11 > > right way? I haven't looked into this, but from your quotations and
12 > > from random comments on IRC I get the sure feeling you are perhaps
13 > > pushing people too hard, or at the least rubbing them the wrong way.
14 > > There is no hierarchy that puts QA above developers - you work with
15 > > volunteers and they are all trying their best to get things fixed,
16 > > even when this isn't immediately obvious to you or when the best
17 > > solution doesn't immediately present itself. And when you decide to
18 > > force issues through policies, you find that you don't actually
19 > > have the resources to do that, unless you are prepared to drive out
20 > > the volunteers you expected to start "fixing" things. Are matters
21 > > of "policy" the carrot or the stick?
22 >
23 > exactly what i'm thinking too. thanks, well put! ;)
24
25 It means that you haven't looked; you can't held such expectations if
26 you talk to the QA team with a fictional prejudgment, it might be well
27 put but that doesn't make it reflect the truth. It are thoughts; that
28 is, until you want to share it with QA what it is that you think about
29 as to make it into our collective knowledge. What is it that you notice?
32 With kind regards,
33
34 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
35 Gentoo Developer
36
37 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
38 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
39 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D