From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 13:14:15
1 >>>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2018, M J Everitt wrote:
2
3 > I'd like to propose that the gentoo-project mailing list also
4 > becomes white-list only to post, as there are a lot of "off-topic"
5 > posts being submitted.
6
7 My prediction is that this is not going to happen. gentoo-project
8 is an entirely different case than gentoo-dev, and non-technical
9 discussions are explicitly on-topic here.
10
11 I would suggest that you put the "social contract" thread in your
12 personal killfile instead (or alternatively, the person(s) making the
13 noise).
14
15 > I believe that the Council would have no problem with this, as their
16 > objectives clearly include snubbing out any form of non-technical
17 > discussion.
18
19 If you really believe that, then IMHO you have misunderstood the
20 intentions behind whitelisting gentoo-dev. See the logs of the
21 relevant council meetings.
22
23 Ulrich